Home-Style Beef Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Drain noodles.
- Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the noodles, cream cheese mixture and cheese. Spread 1/2 cup beef mixture over cheese; repeat layers. Spoon remaining beef mixture over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 359 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 19, 2016
Made for a family Friday night dinner. Fast meal, comforting and tasty. Nothing mind blowing, but solid recipe. Tastes like hamburger helper, but all homemade. We all ate, including kiddos, but nobody seemed overly impressed. A good "middle ground" meal though.
Feb 8, 2015
Very good, will make again
Oct 9, 2013
Nothing special, but a nice quick meal!
May 26, 2012
This is a keeper! I added a few more chilies (because "some like it hot") and a bit more cheese. Hubby loved it. I froze some to take with us on our upcoming road trip and will heat it in my electric pot. Thanks for a yummy new recipe.
May 26, 2012
If you are looking for something that is like spaghetti with meat sauce then this is it. If that is not what you want then keep looking.
Oct 28, 2011
Very good, didnt add the chilies
Jul 8, 2011
I thought this recipe was delicious! Definitely a keeper! So easy
Aug 9, 2010
This was good comfort food. Nothing fancy, kind of like a glorified Hamburger Helper but with less sodium & preservatives. Might need a touch more garlic or some other flavor.