- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Drain noodles.
- Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the noodles, cream cheese mixture and cheese. Spread 1/2 cup beef mixture over cheese; repeat layers. Spoon remaining beef mixture over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forHome-Style Beef Noodle Casserole
"Made for a family Friday night dinner. Fast meal, comforting and tasty. Nothing mind blowing, but solid recipe. Tastes like hamburger helper, but all homemade. We all ate, including kiddos, but nobody seemed overly impressed. A good "middle ground" meal though."
"Very good, will make again"
"Nothing special, but a nice quick meal!"
"This is a keeper! I added a few more chilies (because "some like it hot") and a bit more cheese. Hubby loved it. I froze some to take with us on our upcoming road trip and will heat it in my electric pot. Thanks for a yummy new recipe."
"If you are looking for something that is like spaghetti with meat sauce then this is it. If that is not what you want then keep looking."
"Very good, didnt add the chilies"
"I thought this recipe was delicious! Definitely a keeper! So easy"
"This was good comfort food. Nothing fancy, kind of like a glorified Hamburger Helper but with less sodium & preservatives. Might need a touch more garlic or some other flavor."