VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound and 20 inches long)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced bologna
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 4 romaine leaves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- With a sharp knife, cut one end of the baguette in the shape of a baseball bat handle. Slice loaf in half lengthwise. On the bottom half, layer the ham, bologna, salami, romaine, cheeses and tomato. Replace top. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Home Run Slugger Sub in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p17
Reviews forHome Run Slugger Sub
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2014
"Delicious subs! I made small individual size and substituted pepperoni for the bologna and topped them with Ken's Steakhouse Italian dressing."