Kids can pitch in with assembling these colorful sandwiches stacked with chicken, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. To score with big appetites, try adding extra slices of meat or offer a few varieties of sliced cheese.
Recommended: Your January Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 12 hoagie buns, split
- 24 slices thinly sliced deli chicken (about 2-1/2 pounds
- 12 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 8 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and salad dressing. Spread on cut side of buns. On bun bottoms, layer chicken, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Replace bun tops. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Home Run Hoagies in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p13