Home-For-Christmas Fruit Bake Recipe
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Toss apple slices with lemon juice. Arrange in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine pineapple, peaches and pears; spoon over apples. Top with cherries and pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 220 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Home-For-Christmas Fruit Bake
"This was wonderful! It is one of those dishes that absolutely warms your soul. This was the perfect addition to our dinner on this cold, snowy night! Yummy!"
"Took this to a potluck and received rave reviews. Only change I would make would be to add a little corn starch to the syrup to make it a little thicker."
"I make this every year for Christmas. My family loves it!"
"Excellent, only next time I'm using pineapple tidbits and cutting up the fruit to make it easily to eat."