Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 to 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Working with 1 cup of dough at a time, shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 70 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2016
These cookies are really easy to make and taste great. Once when I was out of chocoalte chips I just left those outi and they still tasted great. Chilling the dough definitely makes it much easier to handle.
Aug 21, 2016
My grandma use to make these. They were my favorite cookie. She didn't use chips though. Thank you for posting it. Plan on making them for work. Love the brownie texture.
Jun 2, 2014
Only thing I did differently was to use regular sized chocolate chips (didn't have the mini's on hand). Slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside...taste very much like a brownie! A favorite of ours from now on!
Jun 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
its like a really soft brownie cokie my youngest daughter is not into cookies that much but she loves these
Feb 4, 2010
I found pre-melted chocolate that makes this recipe easier. They are gooey, chewy like a fudge brownie. Absolutely a favorite!
Jan 19, 2010
This cookie recipe has been around for a long time.