Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Place marshmallow creme in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until warm; spread over warm brownies. Cool completely on a wire rack. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa and butter in a small bowl; stir in enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. With the tip of a spoon, use glaze to form irregular shapes resembling Holstein spots. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2011
We have a dairy farm in our family and our children are all involved with showing cows at our local fairs. These brownies are the perfect thing for farm family gatherings and 4-H parties!!!
Jun 27, 2008
WOW, these are unique looking. I'll be making these soon for my husband. We own/operate a Holstein dairy farm in Upstate New York, so the Holstein Brownies title fits us to a tee.Thank you for sharing!!Sincerely,