Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Place marshmallow creme in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until warm; spread over warm brownies. Cool completely on a wire rack. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa and butter in a small bowl; stir in enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. With the tip of a spoon, use glaze to form irregular shapes resembling Holstein spots. Cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 18, 2011
We have a dairy farm in our family and our children are all involved with showing cows at our local fairs. These brownies are the perfect thing for farm family gatherings and 4-H parties!!!
Jun 27, 2008
WOW, these are unique looking. I'll be making these soon for my husband. We own/operate a Holstein dairy farm in Upstate New York, so the Holstein Brownies title fits us to a tee.Thank you for sharing!!Sincerely,
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.