My father and I used to order a pizza like this from a place in Tinseltown. Here's my homemade version of that delicious pie. —Michael Williams, Moreno Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (7 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced seeded jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a greased baking sheet, roll bread dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle, building edges up slightly. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Brush dough with olive oil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with beef, mushrooms, green pepper, jalapeno peppers if desired, olives and tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 227 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.