Holiday Wreath Brownies
My son, Jeremy, acts as if he's 5 when he sees these brownies—I've been making them for more than 30 years! My daughter, Jayme, and my four grandchildren love them, too. If you're short on time, a boxed mix works just fine. —Jeannine Schneider, Fremont, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green paste food coloring
- Assorted nonpareils and AirHeads Xtremes Sour Belt candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour, mixing well.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- Using a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the center of each brownie to form a wreath (save trimmings for another use). Tint frosting green. Frost wreaths. Use Sour Belt candies to make two bows; attach to wreaths. Decorate with nonpareils as desired. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Jeremy's Holiday Brownies in Taste of Home December 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.