- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 20 to 22 drops green food coloring
- 3-1/2 cups cornflakes
- Red-hot candies
- Red shoestring licorice and one red Dot candy, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows, butter, vanilla and food coloring; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the hat; add cornflakes and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased foil, forming a 9-in. wreath. Decorate with red-hots. If desired, form a bow with licorice and place on wreath; add Dot on top of bow. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Wreath
"My grandmother used to make this every year for her family. She has passed the tradition to me and my kids love it. I make several every year."