Holiday White Chocolate Fudge
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and remaining butter; bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in baking chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours.
- 3. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
1 piece: 54 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Sep 9, 2019It's 2/3 cup of evaporated milk, 1 1/2 sticks of butter. You have to boil the milk, sugar and butter until it becomes a really vanilla color and is bubbling thickly. It should have twice to three times the volume as when you started. Then you pull it off the fire, add the chocolate and the marshmallow and stir well with a wooden spoon. Then it should set correctly. I just made it not 1 hour ago and my kids are trying to kill it.
Dec 31, 1969
Evaporated milk does come in a 5 oz can. Get a 5 oz can and use the whole can. Oh, lord...
Dec 26, 2015
5oz or one can? Which one? The can is 12oz and this is confusing! I used 12oz and I guarantee the batch I just made will be as thin as water and will not set up! Beware guys, use 5oz and NOT the whole can.
Mar 6, 2015
I guess I assumed that the 5 oz can was a regular siixed can. I made this during the holidays and it turned out great. I might try making this with almonds the next time I make it. I liked it much better than the usual fudge I make at Christmas.
Dec 25, 2014
Thank you for posting about the amount of milk! Mine turned out great. I will come back and rate it correctly after we eat it tomorrow and I hear what everyone has to say.
Dec 24, 2014
Answer to the others who are saying the fudge did not set. I just made the same mistake. The recipe says 1 can of evaporated milk, but that is not a regular size can, a regular size can is 12 ounces. It is only 5 ounces....the small can. I didn't catch it until I poured it into the pan and now it is too late. I'm sure it won't set. The recipe needs to clarify the amount of evaporated milk as it is easy to misread and use a whole regular size can. I'm sure it would have been good.
Dec 18, 2014
I did everything on the recipe and the fudge never set, what did I do wrong?
Dec 31, 1969
Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong....my fudge does not set...I follow the instructions exactly and have made 2 batches....and still have a problem with it setting enough to cut.
Nov 13, 2011
I make this fudge and sell at my cupcake shop...people LOVE it!!! Thank You!
Mar 17, 2010
Tasty,easy to make and freezes well. What more could you ask?