- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and remaining butter; bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in baking chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Stir in vanilla. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 pounds (117 pieces)
Reviews forHoliday White Chocolate Fudge
"5oz or one can? Which one? The can is 12oz and this is confusing! I used 12oz and I guarantee the batch I just made will be as thin as water and will not set up! Beware guys, use 5oz and NOT the whole can."
"I guess I assumed that the 5 oz can was a regular siixed can. I made this during the holidays and it turned out great. I might try making this with almonds the next time I make it. I liked it much better than the usual fudge I make at Christmas."
"Thank you for posting about the amount of milk! Mine turned out great. I will come back and rate it correctly after we eat it tomorrow and I hear what everyone has to say."
"Answer to the others who are saying the fudge did not set. I just made the same mistake. The recipe says 1 can of evaporated milk, but that is not a regular size can, a regular size can is 12 ounces. It is only 5 ounces....the small can. I didn't catch it until I poured it into the pan and now it is too late. I'm sure it won't set. The recipe needs to clarify the amount of evaporated milk as it is easy to misread and use a whole regular size can. I'm sure it would have been good."
"I did everything on the recipe and the fudge never set, what did I do wrong?"
"Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong....my fudge does not set...I follow the instructions exactly and have made 2 batches....and still have a problem with it setting enough to cut."
"I make this fudge and sell at my cupcake shop...people LOVE it!!! Thank You!"
"Tasty,easy to make and freezes well. What more could you ask?"
"easy to make. Add half a pecan to each square and its even better. Yum! Also freezes well."
"This is a great recipe that I can make for my non-chocolate eating friends. Everyone loves it. I made it with 12 oz of Nestle white morsels and I increased the boiling time to 5 minutes instead of 4. Also I added walnuts and just a pinch of salt."