Holiday White Cake
Garnished with red and green gumdrops, this moist cake makes a holiday statement! The white chocolate, almond and coconut flavors taste even better a day after baking.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces white candy coating. melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- White frosting
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add candy coating and extracts; beat well. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost between layers; frost top and sides of cake.
1 slice: 557 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC