Holiday White Cake
Garnished with red and green gumdrops, this moist cake makes a holiday statement! The white chocolate, almond and coconut flavors taste even better a day after baking.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces white candy coating. melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- White frosting
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add candy coating and extracts; beat well. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost between layers; frost top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 557 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as White Christmas Cake in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.