Garnished with red and green gumdrops, this moist cake makes a holiday statement! The white chocolate, almond and coconut flavors taste even better a day after baking.
Recommended: How to Make a Yule Log
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces white confectionery coating, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- White frosting
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add confectionery coating and extracts; beat well. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in coconut. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost between layers; frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as White Christmas Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p41