- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 8 whole allspice
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) pineapple nectar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 to 10 orange slices
- Place cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the juices, pineapple nectar, sugar, lemon juice, orange slices and spice bag.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard oranges and spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews forHoliday Wassail Punch
"This is easy and tasty, especially if it is cold outside. If you are in a hurry, you can heat it in a pot on the stove instead of in the slow cooker. It also keeps for a few days, so if you have any left over, you can keep it and heat it up later. I wasn't sure where to find pineapple nectar when I first made it, but it is in the juice section. The brand I found is a Mexican brand called Jumex."