Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- 3/4 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Paste food coloring, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt one package of chips; stir until smooth. Add 3/4 cup milk and mix well. Stir in orange extract. Repeat twice, adding peppermint extract to one portion and almond extract to the other.
- Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on three separate waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Dip orange-flavored truffles twice in white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Dip peppermint-flavored truffles in dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- Dip almond-flavored truffles in dark chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds or coconut. Tint white coating with food coloring; drizzle over white truffles if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 13, 2012
I followed the recipe exactly as this was my first attempt at make truffles. They were not as creamy as expected, in fact pretty firm and tasted just like the original chocolate chips. My opinion was that they were pretty labor intensive for the end quality. I wouldn't say that they aren't worth trying again, as they were fun to decorate and looked gorgeous on the dessert tray and gift boxes. But, I would add more flavoring extract and work on making the texture creamier.