Holiday Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned. Yield: 8 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP The potato mixture can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before baking, then sprinkle with the topping just before putting it in the oven.
3/4 cup: 479 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Sweet Potato Souffle
"Don't hesitate to make this recipe. This is one of the best. The topping comes out so crunchy and compliments the potatos nicely."