Holiday Sweet Potato Souffle
I've seen many variations of this recipe, but this is the one my family enjoys every Thanksgiving. —Karen Scales
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned.
TEST KITCHEN TIP The potato mixture can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before baking, then sprinkle with the topping just before putting it in the oven.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 479 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Souffle in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.