Holiday Sweet Potato Skins
My family loves regular potato skins, but I thought I would try something with sweet potatoes instead. Although we usually enjoy them as a snack, the change-of-pace appetizers make an excellent side dish. —Deborah Puette, Lilburn, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Sour cream
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until almost tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise into 4 wedges.
- Place a 28x18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on foil. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and drizzle with honey. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together; crimp to seal, forming a large domed packet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or just until fork tender. Carefully uncover; sprinkle with green onions. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon, cranberries and cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 wedges (calculated without sour cream): 382 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.