Holiday Sweet Potato Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped canned sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 113 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 30, 2015
Really good and fairly easy bread to make. It made wonderful winter morning toast and was a good use for some canned sweet potatoes I'd picked up on a whim. I also made a batch with leftover cooked and mashed sweet potatoes and that was great, too. My grandsons loved that the bread has marshmallows in it and that motivated them to try it even though they would normally not have eaten sweet potato bread.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.