Holiday Stuffed Baby Portobellos
I call these "holiday" mushrooms because I always make them over Christmas, but the tasty bites are popular any time! —Rd Stendel-Freels, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 slice provolone cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Carefully remove stems from mushrooms; place caps in a foil-lined 15x10-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Finely chop stems.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons bacon, cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese and bread crumbs.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Top with provolone cheese and remaining bacon. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
Originally published as Holiday Stuffed Baby Portobellos in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.