Holiday Spritz Wreaths
At only 37 calories each, you can indulge your urge to eat more than one of these delightful cookies from our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/3 cup sugar blend
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar blend, butter and oil until well blended. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, allspice and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Beat in food coloring.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a wreath-shaped disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with holiday sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 37 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Spritz Wreathes in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.