- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, optional
- Holiday sprinkles and colored sugars
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fill cookie press and form into desired shapes on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles and colored sugars.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forHoliday Spritz Cookies
"/these cookies have no leavening. I can't imagine why. They did not turn out well. They also did not rise and were hard."
"Way too much sugar and I even reduced the amount to 3/4 cup."
"I used rum in place of the rum extract and these cookies came out great. Really easy to make and very festive when dyed with red and green food coloring."