The green color of these chocolate-coated cookies is certain to put you in the Christmas mood. Sprinkling them with crushed candies enhances the minty taste.—Jeannette Buesing, Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Crushed starlight mints, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar, walnuts, creme de menthe and corn syrup. Roll into 3/4-in. balls; place on waxed paper.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper; immediately sprinkle with crushed mints if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
To Make Ahead: These cookies can be made up to one week in advance. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Christmas Spirits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.