The green color of these chocolate-coated cookies is certain to put you in the Christmas mood. Sprinkling them with crushed candies enhances the minty taste.—Jeannette Buesing, Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Crushed starlight mints, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar, walnuts, creme de menthe and corn syrup. Roll into 3/4-in. balls; place on waxed paper.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper; immediately sprinkle with crushed mints if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
To Make Ahead: These cookies can be made up to one week in advance. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 108 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Spirits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.