Holiday Spinach Salad
We don't care for cooked spinach. But we can't get enough of fresh spinach in salads, especially when paired with strawberries, oranges, peanuts! A citrus dressing provides fresh flavor.—Jake Haen, Ocala, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, strawberries, oranges, peanuts and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 134 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spring Surprise Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.