Holiday Slaw with Apple Cider Dressing
I found this refreshing twist on coleslaw at a local grocery store and tweaked it to fit my family's taste. You can substitute raisins for dried cranberries. When it's available, I use a prepared apple cider salad dressing to make this dish even easier! —Susan Bickta, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over coleslaw mix; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen tip: This recipe makes quite a bit of dressing; adjust as you like for more or less.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 316 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Holiday Slaw w/Creamy Apple Cider Dressing in Taste of Home November 2018