- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- Pulse cranberries and sugar in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Stir together with onions, cilantro and jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- To serve, place cream cheese on a serving plate. Drain salsa; spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Salsa
"I've made this twice now and no one can seem to get enough of its fresh, spicy, sweet goodness! I get many requests for the recipe and everyone is amazed at the ingredients! Definitely the perfect answer for a winter salsa! Draining is a must, otherwise the cream cheese does curdle, especially IF there is any left! I serve this in a separate dish in the middle of the crackers so they don't get soggy. I love the idea of serving it with turkey as another reader suggested!"
"fabulous! What a hit! This was so delicious, so fresh and different from standard salsa. Perfect for Christmas time . I drained it after it sat in the fridge all afternoon which helped with mess and presentation. I had a fairly large jalape?o and it suited the amount of cranberries just fine."
"Very good, VERY Pretty. Make ahead and then drain. If you are using large green onions, only use two. I used more large green onions when I made this one time and it was too much onion taste, so I only use 2 or 6 very small ones."
"Loved the taste. A new family favorite"
"So, so good! This is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. It tastes great as a dip for crackers & tortilla chips and looks beautiful on your holiday table."
"My advice is to double the reicpe, its outstanding! Didn't use the cream cheese, & didn't miss it, best salsa I've come across."
"I made this salsa for Christmas Eve with my family. Fantastic! Everyone loved it including my twin 12 year olds! It was gone within hours! I'm thinking about adding finely chopped pecans next time (New Years Eve)!!!"
"This was just delicious. The flavors combine beautifully. Will make this much more in the future! The only thing I would say is get yourself two blocks of cream cheese rather than just one. There was a lot of the salsa leftover. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!"