Holiday Pork Roast with Ginger Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Place pork roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the ginger, garlic, sage and salt; rub over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- 2. Combine jelly and pepper sauce; brush over roast. Arrange carrots and onions around roast. Pour 1/2 cup water into pan. Bake 45-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Skim fat from pan drippings. Transfer drippings and vegetables to a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan. Add browning sauce if desired and remaining water; heat through. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 204 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Holiday Pork Roast with Ginger Gravy
"this recipe is good with chicken wings"
"Will definitely make this again. But, didn't use the sage; we don't like sage. It was delicious!"
"This is a very good recipe. It helps to read all the words in a recipe. 2 carrots are plenty for what they are used for."
"I will definitely not make this again. No one liked it and it probably was the sage in combination with the other ingredients."
"Very good...but I recommend more carrots. 2 medium carrots will not feed 16 people."
"this was so tender and tasty!! made wonderful sandwiches later also...will definately make this again.."