This moist and tender pork roast always makes a statement when it appears on the table. This is my husband's entree of choice for any occasion. It's a no-fuss favorite because it marinates overnight. —Teri Lindquist, Gurnee, Illinois
Recommended: 28 Impressive Holiday Roast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or chicken broth
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, soy sauce, oil, garlic and thyme; rub over roast. Place in a large resealable bag. seal bag; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; pour wine or broth into the pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Pork Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p56