Holiday Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dry sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- CURRANT SAUCE:
- 1 jar (12 ounces) red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or broth, mustard, ginger, thyme and garlic; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, pouring the reserved marinade over meat during the last hour of baking. Baste occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until the jelly is melted. Serve with pork. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Pork Loin Roast
"Delicious, though I cooked it only to 140. After standing it was 145. Sliced it was just cooked through -- no pink but still moist.I mixed a teaspoon of cornstarch with the soy & sherry, then stirred that into the jelly to thicken the sauce."
"My husband and 2 sons liked this roast very much. The sauce was a little too thin, I thought, but I don't know what would make it thicker. I tried the chicken broth in the sauce, but will try the sherry next time."