- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons red colored sugar
- 3 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. On a floured surface, knead cookie dough and enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion on a sheet of waxed paper into a 12x7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with red sugar. Using waxed paper, roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a short side, removing paper as you roll. Wrap in plastic. Repeat with remaining dough and green sugar. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forHoliday Pinwheel Cookies
"F likes them"
"I love the idea, the cookies were pretty good, but impossible to roll. Where did someone get the idea that little kids could do it?"
"We tried this recipe teice didnt like the way it rolled up. The idea is nice, but the execution was awful"
"No matter what I tried this dough would not roll :("
"Awful! Doesn't work at all :("
"Adding the 1/2 cup flour made the dough to dry to roll, but when left out the refrigerated dough still wouldn't roll. I ended up making batches of sprinkle filled cookies that looked horrible and tasted store bought."