VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small lemons, thinly sliced
- Place shrimp and bay leaves in an 11x7-in. dish. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, capers, celery seed, seasoned salt and pepper sauce; pour over shrimp. Top with onion and lemons (dish will be full). Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Just before serving, drain and discard marinade and discard bay leaves. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Pickled Shrimp in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p61