Holiday Peppermint Mocha
Make spirits bright with a minty mocha to share under the mistletoe or around the piano. I’ve also stirred in coffee liqueur instead of peppermint. —Lauren Brien-Wooster, South Lake Tahoe, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 8 packets instant hot cocoa mix
- 1-1/2 cups brewed espresso or double-strength dark roast coffee
- 3/4 cup peppermint schnapps liqueur or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract plus 3/4 cup additional brewed espresso
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Add cocoa mix; whisk until blended. Add espresso and heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Originally published as Grown-up Holiday Mocha in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.