Holiday Peas and Rice
With all the fuss that goes into holiday meals, it's nice to find a side dish like this that's both satisfying and simple. The pimientos and peas nestle among rice delightfully seasoned with sage and chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1. In a saucepan, saute rice and sage in butter until rice is lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in pimientos.
1/2 cup: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 21, 2015
beautiful side dish which taste great
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC