Holiday Peanut Bars Recipe
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12.6 ounces) peanut M&M's
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (bars will puff up slightly).
- 2. Meanwhile, set aside 1 cup M&M's; chop remaining M&M's. In a bowl, combine the milk, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped M&M's. Pour over crust; carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle with reserved M&M's; gently press into peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 161 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Peanut Bars
"This is so crazy good. My boys loved them. We make them year round and call them "backpack" snacks. Next time I make them I'll see if I can upload a picture. : )"