Holiday Peanut Bars
Oats, peanut butter and M&M's give this bar mass appeal. When I have free time, I often bake a pan and pop it in the freezer to take a future potluck or bake dale.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12.6 ounces) peanut M&M's
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (bars will puff up slightly).
- Meanwhile, set aside 1 cup M&M's; chop remaining M&M's. In a bowl, combine the milk, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chopped M&M's. Pour over crust; carefully spread evenly. Sprinkle with reserved M&M's; gently press into peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Peanut Bars in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.