Holiday Pasta Toss
Don't limit your preparation of pasta salad to summertime. Your family will find it a refreshing dish in winter as well. This recipe uses frozen spinach, so it's always in season. Plus, you can add other produce if you'd like.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain. In the same pan, heat dressing and spinach over medium heat. Return pasta to pan and toss to coat. Sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 227 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Pasta Toss in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.