Holiday Miniatures Recipe
White candy coating adds sweetness to these bite-sized treats. Adding sprinkles and colored sugar to my mom's recipe makes them as much fun to bake as to eat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound white candy coating
- Colored sugar and/or nonpareils
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Gradually add flour. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 1-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip cookies in coating and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar and/or nonpareils. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 10 dozen.
2 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Miniatures
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC