White candy coating adds sweetness to these bite-sized treats. Adding sprinkles and colored sugar to my mom's recipe makes them as much fun to bake as to eat.
Recommended: 20 Ways to Make Hot Dogs Even More Fun
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound white candy coating
- Colored sugar and/or nonpareils
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Gradually add flour. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 1-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip cookies in coating and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar and/or nonpareils. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Miniatures in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p44
Reviews forHoliday Miniatures
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review