Holiday Melting Moments
The name of these cookies says it all— they melt in your mouth. Adding candied cherries to the dough makes them merry.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quartered red and/or green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 128 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Holiday Melting Moments in Country Woman Christmas 2000