Holiday Melting Moments
The name of these cookies says it all— they melt in your mouth. Adding candied cherries to the dough makes them merry.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quartered red and/or green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 128 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Melting Moments in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.