This recipe is great for the holidays especially at a cookie party.—Kristine Conway, Mogadore, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until thick and pale yellow. Stir together dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Stir in butter, vanilla and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured baking sheets. Top with cherries. Bake at 325° for 10-13 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Macaroons in Country Woman November/December 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.