This recipe is great for the holidays especially at a cookie party.—Kristine Conway, Mogadore, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until thick and pale yellow. Stir together dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Stir in butter, vanilla and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured baking sheets. Top with cherries. Bake at 325° for 10-13 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Holiday Macaroons in Country Woman November/December 1992