Holiday Hummus and Veggie Santa Tray
This festive tray will be the hit of any holiday party and will even get kids to eat their veggies! If your guests don't like cauliflower, substitute crumbled feta and serve pita chips around the platter for dipping. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 carton (17 ounces) hummus
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 small sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1 piece string cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 sliced ripe olive
- 1 roasted sweet red pepper strip
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Additional cauliflower florets, cherry tomatoes and sweet red pepper slices
- Start making a Santa face by spreading hummus in an 8-in. circle over a large platter. For Santa's beard, place several cauliflower florets at bottom of hummus circle. For rim of stocking cap, place florets at top of circle. Use tomatoes and red pepper slices to form cap; add cauliflower florets to create a pom-pom for it (or, if desired, use a small bowl of ranch dressing instead).
- To make a nose, place one tomato in center of hummus circle. Cut string cheese in half lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise; use two cheese pieces for eyebrows and two for a mustache. For eyes, cut olive slice in half. Shape red pepper strip into a smile. Sprinkle paprika across cheeks.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with additional cauliflower, tomatoes and pepper slices for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 133 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Holiday Hummus And Veggie Santa Tray in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018