Holiday Hot Drink Mix
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups white or pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup strawberry or chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/3 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 cups of mix makes 15 drinks.
- To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in boiling water; stir well.
Nov 21, 2014
I'm so thankful I found this recipe again online. I made it a few years ago, but forgot what book it was in (I have hundreds). I thought it was great, and made more for gifts. It's easy to make, and keeps well. Very tasty, definitely something different than hot chocolate or coffee.
Jan 7, 2011
I tried this mix this year for the first time. It's a nice warming winter drink, and what a fun color! I do think that the strawberry flavor could be punched up a little, but don't think I would necessarily add more of the strawberry drink mix. I was thinking of adding a small amount of unsweetened Kool-Aid® powder in the strawberry flavor. Another thing that might help would be to add a little powdered vanilla to the mix. It's very good, really warming, but it just seems to me to need a little bit more flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.