Holiday Hash Brown Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 2 packages (2 pounds each) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups sour cream
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 7, 2014
This is excellent! I've been making it for around 12 yrs now and its a family favorite :)
Feb 11, 2011
I love this recipe & have made it many times for our big family gatherings. It is perfect if you just half everything and make one dish instead of two. I do put my peppers and onions in a bowl in the microwave and cook a bit until slightly tender because they seem to be a bit crunchy even after the casserole bakes all that time. It's even good warmed up--if you have any left.