Holiday Ham with Pineapple
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (12 to 14 pounds), spiral-cut or thinly sliced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 20 to 30 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Slowly pour pineapple juice over ham so it runs between slices. Spoon pineapple over ham. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cloves. Add raisins to pan juices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard cloves. Cover and bake ham at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting every 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 348 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1322mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 13, 2011
Very simple to make. My family asks for this ham every year for Christmas.
Sep 27, 2009
Love those spiral-cut hams! And this recipe is easy and elegant. Even better, it's a do-ahead, so you can serve a great-looking entree with a minimum of fuss. Everyone will think you're a great cook, even if (like me) you're not.