I always seem to have one of these ham rings in the freezer to share with neighbors during difficult times. Its country-style taste reminds folks of Grandma's kitchen.
Recommended: Top 10 Super Bowl Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, ground
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. On a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, shape meat mixture into a 9-1/2-in.-diameter ring. Combine soup, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; pour half over ham ring. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Pour remaining soup mixture over the top; bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Ham Ring in Country Pork 1996, p69