Holiday Ham Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1-inch cubes)
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a saucepan, combine the juice, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sweet potatoes, green pepper, ham and pineapple. Brush with brown sugar mixture. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until heated through and peppers are tender, basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 442 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2012
What makes this dish amazing is the sauce. I also added zuchinni and used kobassa sausage instead of ham. I have a barbeque yearly for my tenants and this is their fav dish and is requested by all!!