VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a large roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 hours. For glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Stir in the jelly, brown sugar, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Brush some of the glaze over ham. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Simmer the remaining glaze and serve with ham. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Glazed Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p69