Holiday Glazed Ham
This easy glaze is sure to complement any holiday ham. I serve the remaining glaze on the side. —Tammy Harris, Deltona, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a large roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- For glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Stir in the jelly, brown sugar, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Brush some of the glaze over ham. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Simmer the remaining glaze and serve with ham.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 325 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1634mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Ham Glaze in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005